TOY for Inclusion toolkit launched
The new ‘TOY for Inclusion Toolkit – A step-by-step guide to creating inclusive Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) Play Hubs for all generations’, provides the necessary information to enable trainers and practitioners of different sectors to set-up and run play spaces for children, families and communities.
The toolkit pays particular attention to social integration, intercultural and intergenerational dialogue, and social inclusion in the context of ECEC.
It addresses the following topics:
- Setting the vision for all the children in the local community;
- The importance of community-based ECEC and integration of services for inclusion, equity and respect for diversity;
- Play spaces as community resource hubs;
- All generations learning and playing together (intergenerational learning);
- The importance of desegregated ECEC for Roma and non-Roma children, and anti-bias education;
- Quality in community-based ECEC projects.
The TOY for Inclusion partners are available to provide guidance and training to organization interested in setting up ECEC Play Hubs.
If you want to have more information about the TOY for Inclusion approach or you want to set-up a Play Hub, please contact us.
The training materials (Power Points) mentioned in the Toolkit are available upon request.