Roma English Language Program (RELP)
Application deadline: May 20, 2014
(this Call for Applications and applications materials can be found in Albanian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Macedonian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Russian, Turkish and Ukrainian languages on our website: https://rap.ceu.hu/node/40213)
Central European University (CEU), the Roma Initiatives Office of the Open Society Foundations, and the Roma Education Fund are pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for the Academic Year 2014/2015 for an 8.5-month intensive English language training for young Roma university graduates who have a low level of English.
The program is offered at Central European University, Budapest and will run from October 2014 till June 2015.
The Roma English Language Program (RELP) aims to contribute to the personal development of young Roma university graduates. The goal of the training is to enhance participants’ English language skills in order for them to successfully apply for career upgrades and internship opportunities at various local and international organizations, as well as for educational programs, such as the Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP) at CEU. Furthermore, RELP works to build strong Roma youth leadership in terms of skills, knowledge, pride and commitment by providing an environment where students can engage in different activities and workshops related to the political, economic and social situation of Roma.
The full scholarship offered to all successful candidates covers the tuition fee, accommodation, health insurance, travel expenses and a monthly stipend.
- Applications from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey and Ukraine.
- Candidates must have completed a course of university education and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the summer of 2014
- Candidates should have a basic level of English, which allows them to fill in the Application Form in English
- Minimum computer literacy is a requirement for participation
- Candidates must be willing to live in Budapest for the duration of the training program. The program is designed for full-time students and would require accepted students to put on hold or give up their work/other studies during the entire duration of the program.
1. Completed Application Form (in English)
2. CV (preferably in English). Recommended format is the Europass CV template, which can be downloaded at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions/templates/doc.doc
3. Copy of university diploma and transcript. (For candidates who have completed their university studies, but who have not yet received an official degree certificate, a formal official statement from their university confirming the degree is sufficient)
4. Two recommendation letters (one should be from a university professor and one from NGO senior manager). Accepted both in the applicant’s native language or English.
5. One page explanation of the applicant’s engagement in civil society activities or/and voluntary work as well as the general working experience in any sphere. Accepted both in the applicant’s native language or English
6. Motivation letter (in the applicant’s native language) of approximately 1000 words, explaining the applicant’s motivation for applying for the Roma English Language Program. The letter should explain what is the main reason to apply, why he/she believes is the right person to benefit from program, how the program will help his/her long-term career plan, how his/her enrolment in the program will support Roma Inclusion in general during and/or after the studies.
Please note that all the documents listed above are required.
Applying for the Program:
Please send your application package
by e-mail to: email@example.com
by post to: CEU, Roma Access Programs, Nador u. 9
H-1051, Budapest, Hungary
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information