Menu ≡ ╳
- About Us
- REYN National Networks
- Knowledge Hub
- TOY for Inclusion
According to the Statistical Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2013 Census, there are 12 896 Roma living in Bosnia and Herzegoivina (BiH), that is 3,6% of total population of the country. However, the research conducted by civil society organizations states that this number is between 40 000 and 75 000. Roma live on almost the whole territory of BiH, in 71 local government units, and in 30 of them they represented in significant number. It is considered that Roma is the largest national minority in BiH. At the same time, Roma are the most vulnerable minority in the country.
Increased awareness of early childhood development importance and improved educational support for Roma children in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Establishing a national level learning community of at least 30 Early Childhood Development professionals and paraprofessionals.
Improving ECD capacities of professionals, paraprofessionals and other members through adequate trainings and access to experience exchange.
Increasing awareness on ECD and its importance at all levels (citizens, institutions, decision makers.)
– Training on advocacy and networking and on Early Childhood Development completed.
– Progress report on socio-economic inclusion of Roma / analysis of the institutional education framework in BiH developed and completed by Kali Sara.
– Meetings with relevant regional and local stakeholders, relevant ministries and national level institutions organized.
– Awareness campaign – REYN promotional materials and leaflets designed, published and distributed.
– Dissemination of the project results through conferences and meetings.
– Live library sessions organized.
– Established and active REYN Bosnia and Herzegovina.
– Empowered REYN members through trainings.
– Education of experts and raising public awareness of REYN and the importance of early childhood development.
The Dream to Grow campaign shares 12 multipurpose advocacy stories, highlighting the successes of Roma ECD professionals who are supporting Roma children and families in their countries – celebrating the example they are setting for future generations.
REYN Early Childhood Research
REYN Early Childhood Research is a study that sheds light on young Roma children and their parents throughout Europe. The study brings together unprecedented Roma-related early childhood data from 11 countries. It catalyzes solid evidence for urgent and effective policies and programs enabling each young Roma to reach their full potential – to grow and thrive!