Global Survey of Inclusive Early Childhood Development and Early Childhood Intervention Programs
The RISE Institute, UNICEF and the Early Childhood Development Task Force have released the results of a global survey of inclusive early childhood development (IECD) and early childhood intervention (ECI) programs. This large survey was designed in 2016, was conducted in 2017, and the report was prepared in 2018.
The main objectives of the survey were to:
- Map the implementation of IECD and ECI programs and related activities;
- Describe key IECD and ECI program features;
- Identify gaps and challenges in providing accessible Inclusive Early Childhood Development (IECD) and Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) services;
- Document factors associated with successful implementation and scale-up;
- Generate recommendations to inform future policy and program development and national planning and implementation efforts.
The online survey targeted a range of programs and activities including IECD and ECI services; rehabilitation and habilitation services; humanitarian, emergency, and child protection services; advocacy campaigns; and research and evaluation projects.
The results, present information on 426 programs in 121 countries in all world regions and is now available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.